May 4, 2015
Went to a sports injury doctor today. I have been having so much trouble with my back and leg and have not been much use around the mission. We are trying to get ready for the treks. such as repairing and building new handcarts and porta pottys. This is a very physical mission and I was worried I wouldn't be in any condition to even help at all this summer. The Trek director here, Brother Cowen , fell off his trailer stairs last year and told me of a doctor in Provo that really helped him alot. I couldn't go to Tyler, so i just decided to find out what is wrong with me. After 4 xrays and consulting with him, he told me that I have injured my sciatic nerve. He gave me two cortisone shots and sent me home with some anti-inflamatory meds and some muscle relaxants. I feel alot better, but have to take it easy or I could have damage all of my life. So i am doing my wash today. ( May 5) All I got to say is under any circumstances do not fall off of a ladder!!!!
Other than that, all is good. Starting to getting used to being here and really hoping I can fulfill this mission as it is way hard! I'm sure all missionaries feel this way. We are a very spoiled society. But I'm thankful for the time I was born. The gospel is true, I know it!
Thanks Tinille. I love you too! I really am trying not to do much. In fact, when my leg hurts, there isn't much i can do anyway. I'm starting to get used to the routine though and that helps alot. It is fun. The missionaries here square danced tonight, not me or Dad, but they were having a great time. There will be times on the trek that the groups will need a square dance caller and we are learning how. in the meantime, I am learning the trails as there might be a time i will be leading the support groups (the water tanks,porta pottys, and the kitchen wagon) on the trail while the kids are trekking. it is really quite complicated and I hope I am up for the challenge. you know me, i can get lost in Cedar City! :) any way, keep me in your prayers along with Daddy. Love you my sweet Tinille. Mom
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete