Friday, May 15, 2015

May 15, 2015

We had a tender mercy tonight. I noticed on my recent phone calls that Tinille called and tried to facetime today at 11:28 am. So I hit it and it called her. She answered and was in her car watching her kids.  She said she hadn't called me this morning at all?  What a wonderful time we had visiting and trying to figure out how it happened. Just knew that it was a blessing. She looked great. Love that Tini.  Dad and I were heading up to the trek center for a dutch oven dinner . But what a nice way to end the day. Seeing and talking to our beautiful Tinille.  Made us both cry and we would love to facetime the rest of our kids. We miss you all so much!

This morning Dad took me on one of the routes. He let me drive believe it or not! He is trying to teach me how to get around so I don't get lost and don't lead these trekking groups around and get them all lost!  Most of them are over 250+ youth and leaders. So since i am still having trouble walking, I will probably be driving the support truck and leading the leaders and all their equipment around. ' Our first trek is June 10th for 4 days. So that will be a terrifying time for me!  I hear once you go on the first one, you are good!
Our last trek is August 8 for four days I think.  Then we will be here for a while cleaning up, putting away the handcarts and getting them stored for the winter, meeting with next years groups and then home. whew. what a time. We have been having trouble with our water heater and had a service man from Evanston come out and check it and get it repaired. He told Dad -oops- Elder Petersen that he lives in a 5th wheel about this size and has been for 10 years!  Can't imagine that!  It is interesting getting dressed in the living room since the bedroom is too small~

9:30pm-  Just got back from the dutch oven dinner and fireside. so wonderful.  a group from Salt Lake that went on trek last summer came and put on a spiritual feast!  Not only was the food yummy, but the fireside afterwards was awesome. A non-member couple that went last year told their story of being on the trek as non-members. They felt the spirit during that trek of those pioneers and what they sacrificed, and met with the missionaries after going home and have now joined the church in November of last year. Their story is so wonderful. They were Catholics and she was out walking one day and she always prayed while she walked and she always ended her prayer  "in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. and then she just asked if she could please find out what significance the Holy Ghost has in her life. She just would like to know. She said it wasn't a week when she heard of this trek thing her friend was going on. So they decided to try it.  At the end of the trek, she said the missionaries came knocking on their door and after the first lesson, they went to church. Well the lesson in Relief Society was on the Holy Ghost.  It wasn't long before they were married (they had been living together for 20 years) and then were baptized. What a cute and special couple.  So fun to hear their story and hear of their conversion.
I love being on this mission and to be able to be fed spiritually so often.
We are going on a trek review tomorrow morning so I am going to bed right now.
The church is true, it really is. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment