May 12, 2015
All the missionaries went to the Payson Utah Temple open house today. It was breathtaking. beautiful building. One of the guides there, was on this mission last year. She said that there were 22,500 people go through there Saturday alone! Talk about organization. We went to the nearby church and had a video about the meaning of Temples and why we build them. and then they lead about 30 people at a time through. The Celestial room was exquisite ! I really have never seen a more beautiful building.
we then had lunch at the Temple and then went through a session at the Jordan River Temple. Elder Petersen and I were married there for time and eternity January 26, 1982 with six of our children. Robert and Sarah were born under the covenant. That was a special day. I still remember Lynette was my escort and Fraser was Elder Petersen's. Very special. I am beginning to get the spirit of this mission. Now if my leg will just cooperate, i would be so happy!
On our way home, we stopped by Robert and Melanie's and surprised the girls. we gave them a small replica of a handcart. It was wonderful to see them. Such cute girls. Both are getting very long hair. Love our grandkids and miss them. Tyler's kids called me on Mothers day and sang me a mothers day song. I then talked to each one of the kids. even Liesel.
Sunday the 10th of May we made another jaunt to Randolph, Wyoming. We found Wilford Woodruff's home. Beautiful place, but I understand it get's really cold in the winder.
Just so all my children know, you can call us any time. It's not like when the boys served. so give us a call so we can talk to yoi.
Love you all so miuch!
Mom/ Sister Petersen
No comments:
Post a Comment