Thursday, July 30, 2015

Trek number 8/ 2nd day

July 30, 2015

This is the second day of our 8th trek!  Elder Petersen has not been feeling well and I have been riding in the Ranger today following the Jensen's!   Elder Petersen took support around. I wasn't sure of the trail, but was following the Jensen's. They weren't sure of the trail either and got off! We finally found our way back to the right trail after much discussion.  I wonder how the pioneers found their way. Watching these treks, they get pretty strung out and I can see how they can get lost. What a miracle it was that they found their way and then to think of those rescuers going out looking for the Willie and Martin Handcart treks and found them! I see the Lord's hand in so many ways out here and cry daily from thinking of those brave souls and left their comfortable homes and travels over 1000 miles to get to Salt Lake City. That is what I am going to miss the most. Feeling the spirit so much. I love my Heavenly Father and all he provides for his children.I also learned today how much I depend on my husband. I missed him and I knew if he were with me, we would not be lost. I am truly blessed to have him as my missionary companion and my eternal companion. He is such a special man and I love him.
 Next week is our last trek. Can't even believe how fast it has gone.

 This was a devotional after the woman's pull. The young man in the front is playing a 100 year old violin. What a beautiful song they played.

 The girls having an inspirational talk just before the woman's pull
'
        Notice the girls to the right. They just finished a prayer before they pulled that handcart up the hill.
                                 The boys are way ahead waiting. This brought tears to my eyes.


                     This is a picture of the boys heading out in this family; The girls are walking behind.

                                                                      Heading out!


No comments:

Post a Comment