Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day Three of Trek Seven- July 24th, 2015

July 24, 2015
What an honor to be out on the trek on July 24th! I have developed such a love for those early Members of the church and all they went through to get to the Salt Lake  Valley. What pushed them to the very limit of their being to keep going? Was it only that they wanted to get to a place where they would not be persecuted? Was it only because they were asked to come to Zion. No, they had undying testimonies of Christ and were willing to pay the ultimate price to know him.
This is what I have learned here on this mission. What am I willing to sacrifice to know Christ? What am I willing to give up for that testimony? This mission has been hard for both Elder Petersen and I. It is physically, mentally and spiritually challenging,
But I have learned to know Christ. I have gained a very strong testimony of what drove those early pioneers to endure what they did. I am going to be sad to leave because of the spirit I have felt every day on this beautiful land that has been dedicated for this purpose. It has been an honor to be here and now when I read D + C 117, I know now why the Lord wanted us to be here. It was to find him and know him and the love he has for all his children. He is our Redeemer and wants us to return to him. I pray that I can be found worthy of that great blessing.



 These are the cutest little boys. They are eleven and love being on Trek. Their names are Zach and Isaac.
After I took their picture I told them they were going to be on my blog and they were just beaming and said. "we are going to be on her blog" I loved watching them play and run around. It really made me homesick for my grandchildren. They are sad it is almost over.






 This is the woman's pull. I like the way this Stake did it. The girls pulled it up to a point and then the boys took over so they could know what the girls have been going through. It worked out great.

The boys pulling it up the last big hill. You can see the girl at the left on the ground. She just collapsed as she got that far. It is a hard pull for girls. But it is the highlight of the trek for these kids. They come to appreciate each other alot more and how strong the youth of this generation must be. I had a hard time with the woman's pull at first and couldn't figure out why they do it. But I understand now why they have treks and why they have the woman's pull. These are the youth of the last dispensation and the Lord needs them strong. That is why Gordon B Hinckley wanted this ranch and just told them to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment