Friday, June 12, 2015

Very Special Day!

Today was the woman's pull. This represents the time in Latter Day Saints history where the men had either died or was off in the Mormon Battalion. This left the woman to pull these handcarts alone. So today the girls pulled these handcarts for 2 miles up a very very steep incline and hill. The boys were sent off first to be at the top of the hill to sing to the girls or help them if they were asked. There were four boys who were called as rescuers. They were never asked to help. The girls were so proud of themselves, but the boys were a little disappointed to not be asked to help. There were many tears. from all of us, to see the girls struggle so hard to make it up that hill. There were many spiritual experiences from this part of the trek. I can't remember a time when i have been so moved as today except maybe when my mother died. The spirit was just so strong today that when the girls finally crested the hill, the boys were singing a beautiful hymn, Then they had a testimony meeting tonight talking about that experience.  The Stake Young Woman's president asked all 300 of those youth if during this trek if they had felt the spirit. Every hand went up. That is the reason for the woman's pull. To help the youth in this day and age to recognize the Lord's hand in their lives and to help them know they can do hard things and withstand the temptations that they are faced with in this day and age. I'm posting some movies that Elder Petersen took during this day. I'm very thankful to be able to experience this feeling of the Holy Ghost so strongly today. I know that it has made a difference in the youth and hopefully they will never forget trek 2015.
Love  Mom, Myrna, Sister Peterse




3 comments:

  1. I loved trek so much the two times I went. What an awesome experience these kids (and you) are having. It's life changing for them. I still hear kids at church talk about the trek experience from 2 years ago. I'm so glad y'all are doing this. Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you were right Tyler! It is such a great experience. Love you! Thanks for all you do and have done to make this possible. Love Mom

      Delete
  2. I loved trek so much the two times I went. What an awesome experience these kids (and you) are having. It's life changing for them. I still hear kids at church talk about the trek experience from 2 years ago. I'm so glad y'all are doing this. Good job

    ReplyDelete